A diagnosis and treatment of cancer is a life changing moment. The path each person chooses is unique. Yet common to this experience is a desire to live forward fully. Wellness care at Crossings touches the whole person in body mind and spirit providing personal resources and tools for resiliency, aliveness and quality in one’s daily life. Our modalities have a proven track record in supporting this journey.
- Providing women and men the emotional and spiritual support essential to the health of their body;
- Regulating traumatic stress responses in a patient’s neurobiology to promote a healthy recovery from the chemical and surgical approaches they must employ;
- Strengthening immune system and improving blood levels during chemotherapy;
- Reducing the negative side effects of chemotherapy…fatigue, nausea and vomiting, headache, digestive disturbance, and malaise;
- Recognizing that cancer often involves an entire family system and that caregivers also need support.
Acupuncture promotes resiliency on all levels of body/mind/spirit. It is particularly effective for enhancing the immune system; promoting blood cell production; reducing the side effects of chemotherapy; restoring organ balance; and lifting the spirit.
Somatic Bodywork is a natural and neurobiological approach to the healing and resolution of trauma.
Massage promotes a feeling of well-being. Studies of massage for cancer patients suggest massage can decrease stress, anxiety, depression, pain, and fatigue. Many health care professionals recognize massage as a useful, noninvasive addition to standard medical treatment.
Resources (books and tapes) and referrals to organizations in the Washington Metro area that support a person living well through cancer.